Its been a while since I wrote something on this blog. So today I want to share an interesting mystery that was chewing on my brain for a while. Beginning February 2008, I did a major overhaul for eClassifieds4U to support for future growth. But since then I started to get complains from some selected users. And the issues were like:
- I am not able to see anything when I go to Post Ads page.
- How do I delete, repost or activate my ad? I don’t see links in my email.
I was scratching my head and trying to figure out why only selected people have such issues and not everyone. At least, this pointed me that it is some software that the users have installed on their computer which is giving this problem. But to figure out which software is causing issue was a challenge for me.
Recently, I visited my parent’s place. When I logged on eClassifieds 4U, I found exactly same issues what other users had experienced. Eureka! I found the cause of the problem. It was Norton Security Center. Norton has this ad blocking feature which would block the url or content of the webpages which contains those banned words.
And by default, Norton Ad Blocker has the word ‘ads’ as a banned word. Now that the mystery was solved, I had to rework all the URLs and remove the word ‘ads’ from them and then I changed them ‘ad’. Since I have done this change, the complaints from users have stopped.
So if you have any question, problem or comment, please feel to drop me a line. I will do my best to sort it out as soon as possible.
Thank you for using eClassifieds 4U,
On 1st August, in the evening the eClassifieds4U server started to have problems and that resulted in the downtime that we experienced on 2nd August. Things are now under control. No data was lost and the site is now back up and running as usual.
I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the site downtime. The site is now moved to better servers to support the user growth the site is experiencing.
I thank you for using eClassifieds4U,
Free Classifieds with Photos
Today, I have implemented a feature that is available to registered users. You can now re-post the ad with just one click! If you login to your account, then in “Manage My Ads” section, you will see a link “Re-Post Ad” in the right most column. When you click on this link, your ad will be re-posted.
By re-posted, it means that your ad expiry date is extended by 60 days from present day. And also, your ad will now be at the top of the category for immediate attention to the ad viewers. Isn’t this nice?
Let me know your comments! If you want to have a feature on eClassifieds4U, please feel free to post to our forums at http://forum.eclassifieds4u.com/viewforum.php?f=1
You have said it and we have listened. As of 14 April 2007, eClassifieds4U has started recording the number of times your ad is viewed by each unique visitor.
This data is not available to general ad viewers as they may not be interested in knowing how many times a specific ad has been viewed but it is definitely more important for the ad poster to know how many times his/her ad has been viewed.
So, to see how many times your ad has been viewed, login to your account today!
If you are not registered with us, then register with us today!
We love to hear feedbacks from our users. Post your comments here or send your feedback.
I wish you all a very happy and properous new year. May everybody’s wish come true in 2007 and you have a great year. Enjoy your time with your friends and family.
Recently we have added the discussion forums to our website. Discussion forums is a good place for users to communicate with fellow community members as well as the eClassifieds4U team.
The users who are registered on eClassifieds4U can participate on forums using the same username and password. The users who are not registered, we recommend them to register here. Registration takes less than a minute to complete.
So register and participate in your community forum only at eClassifieds4U.
Many people have tried using classified ads but without success. The main reason behind this is that they do not put effort to write a proper ad. This article will explain how to write a successful classified ad.
The following are the tips for writing a classified ad that sells:
- Make the ad title more attractive.
- Add a detailed description about the item you are selling like model number, make, new or used, how long your had it, etc.
- A picture is worth million words, so add photos. You can add upto 4 photos absolutely free on our site.
- Do not just rush to post your ad. Take time to format your ad properly in proper paragraphs. A properly formatted ad has better chances of receiving responses.
- Do not use all Capital letters as some people may find it offending or difficult to read. If possible, please try using Proper Case.
- Price Right! The users of eClassifieds4u are looking for a deal. If your item is priced right,it will be sold quickly. Ask yourself a question, will I buy this item at the price I am offering from someone else? If no, then you have over-priced your item.
- Mention the price clearly. Also state whether the price is fixed or you are willing to take the best offer. This helps in getting better ad responses.
- What’s the best part of your offer? Identify and write about the most beneficial feature of the product or service you are advertising.
- Tell your friends and family about eClassifieds4U. As more people know about eClassifieds4U, more people will look at your ads. For you, this means that your item will be sold quickly and at right price. So help us in spreading the word.
If you have any more suggestions, please feel free to add a comment and I will update the list with your name as contributor.